View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
How many heavyweights/enforcer can actually do their job + play regular on a line and every game ?

You can count them with on one hand's fingers.

As a #13 forward, no problem with a guy like Bordeleau who has been dressed the whole 8 games so far in Colorado.
I'm not the biggest fan of having an HW just for the sake of having one. These guys have to fit your team and play a role each game. Bordeleau is doing so for Colorado simply because they have nobody else to slot in there. You want a Shawn Thornton (who's the best in that role, no matter how bad he looked against John Scott)? You want a guy like Clowe who can play on the top 6 and draw against a guy like Georges Parros? Good. Go for it. I'm 100% behind it. Like I would for a guy like Boll. Or a guy like Chris Stewart. Or a 30 years old Jamal Mayers. Hell, even Janssen has experience and at least knows what it takes to stay in this league.

But Bordeleau is not a guy I'd put in that category at this point. He has no upside whatsoever and is a complete liability anywhere on the ice. He can't play a regular shift, that's for sure. And there are much more attractive options if you're looking for a guy that can't play hockey to fill your lineup.