Thread: Confirmed with Link: Nick Palmieri + Darroll Powe for Mike Rupp
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Don't really know what to think about this deal, in that it doesn't really make any sense at all.

Granted, I called a few weeks ago that the Wild would throw Palmieri away for nothing because of personal grudges. And frankly Powe didn't really add or subtract much from the team which is absolutely stacked with PKers. So the subtractions were pretty predictable. But this team doesn't need another middling enforcer to go with Konopka––especially when they have a top-tier enforcer who's been scratched every game. And it doesn't solve or even really affect the need for size up front to surround Granlund and co.

Russo's blog sort of confirmed the two possibilities I'd been pondering:

(A) Kassian's being shopped, which gels with Fletcher's comments like "I have to talk to Matt and his representation and see what the coaches think and do what’s right for the team and for Matt going forward," and "we’re going to need some diversified scoring, some secondary scoring, so we’ll keep looking for that."

(B) This is a shot across the bow of the rest of the lineup, that unless they shape the **** up, there will be shake-ups and trades.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote