View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of having an HW just for the sake of having one. These guys have to fit your team and play a role each game. Bordeleau is doing so for Colorado simply because they have nobody else to slot in there. You want a Shawn Thornton (who's the best in that role, no matter how bad he looked against John Scott)? You want a guy like Clowe who can play on the top 6 and draw against a guy like Georges Parros? Good. Go for it. I'm 100% behind it. Like I would for a guy like Boll. Or a guy like Stewart. Or a 30 years old Jamal Mayers. Hell, even Janssen has experience and at least knows what it takes to stay in this league.

But Bordeleau is not a guy I'd put in that category at this point. He has no upside whatsoever and is a complete liability anywhere on the ice. He can't play a regular shift, that's for sure. And there are much more attractive options if you're looking for a guy that can't play hockey to fill your lineup.
It took years for Habs to get a guy like Prust. For years they have passed on the opportunity to get Ian Laperrière who was UFA twice and would had killed to play for the Habs. Guys with leadership, character, grit and pride.

Neil in Ottawa is perfect. Thornton in Boston is solid.
You won't find many Ryan Clowe around the league. I like Wayne Simmonds a lot too. Just tyry getting them now ...

In today's hockey, it is easier to get a very good goalie than a productive, gritty enforcer.