View Single Post
02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
The Mentalist
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I think Kadri, Frattin, Gardiner and Reilly can become Elite. I'm not going to go overboard and say Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos status. But a recognizable talent in the league.

Now, We need to build a cast around that core.

Kessel is a great complimentary piece to a established core - and he is young enough to build with.

It sucks to say, but we really do need a bright new face ; and it seems that the draft is the best way to do so. I will cheer this team to the very last game, but everyone knows the direction we are going in.
Very true, Boston didn't see Kessel as a core piece, and basically let him go so they could target other core players and lock them up.

Chiarelli like it or not made a very smart decision, he outfoxed Burke who staked his job on Kessel, and we know how that turned out.

Nonis is brighter I hope and I think he is, infact I know he is. He will not stake his career on Kessel.

He's a good complimentary player, however he isn't a core one on a Stanley Cup winning team. Boston won a cup without him, this is the model that has worked. Proof is in the pudding from The Bruins winning the Cup without Kessel.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote