View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:33 PM
The Winter Soldier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I think Kadri, Frattin, Gardiner and Reilly can become Elite. I'm not going to go overboard and say Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos status. But a recognizable talent in the league.

Now, We need to build a cast around that core.

Kessel is a great complimentary piece to a established core - and he is young enough to build with.

It sucks to say, but we really do need a bright new face ; and it seems that the draft is the best way to do so. I will cheer this team to the very last game, but everyone knows the direction we are going in.
Very true, Boston didn't see Kessel as a core piece, and basically let him go so they could target other core players and lock them up.

Chiarelli like it or not made a very smart decision, he outfoxed Burke who staked his job on Kessel, and we know how that turned out.

Nonis is brighter I hope and I think he is, infact I know he is. He will not stake his career on Kessel.

He's a good complimentary player, however he isn't a core one on a Stanley Cup winning team. Boston won a cup without him, this is the model that has worked. Proof is in the pudding from The Bruins winning the Cup without Kessel.

The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote