View Single Post
02-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Willy Nilly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's troubling that the guy has the label of "lazy" attached to him, but he clearly has some skills. PDB wouldn't have handed him a top six spot unless that was the case. You have to just hope that a change of scenery gets the kid going. He's an upstate boy as I understand it, so maybe he thrives being closer to home.

I agree that no one should count on him becoming an NHL regular, but nor would I write him off. And hey, at worst you get a fine player for Hartford.
Absolutely. Im not saying hes gonna be a star or anything. But he can be a very serviceable 3 rd line player down the road and pot some goals. In 43 games I think in 2010-2011 he had 9g 7a for the Devils. His father said Nick knows to get a shot he has to bust his ass in Hartford, and understands what Torts looks for on the big club. I just get the feeling his whole attitude has changed now that hes closer to home and back up North. Hes an Upsate(more Central) NY kid. Hartford will be a good place for him to get back to work. He has some great size as well, weighing in around 225. I should be getting a chance to talk to Nick either tonight or tomorrow, when I do Ill fill you guys in on what he's feeling personally.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote