View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:34 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's troubling that the guy has the label of "lazy" attached to him, but he clearly has some skills. PDB wouldn't have handed him a top six spot unless that was the case. You have to just hope that a change of scenery gets the kid going. He's an upstate boy as I understand it, so maybe he thrives being closer to home.

I agree that no one should count on him becoming an NHL regular, but nor would I write him off. And hey, at worst you get a fine player for Hartford.
Absolutely. Im not saying hes gonna be a star or anything. But he can be a very serviceable 3 rd line player down the road and pot some goals. In 43 games I think in 2010-2011 he had 9g 7a for the Devils. His father said Nick knows to get a shot he has to bust his ass in Hartford, and understands what Torts looks for on the big club. I just get the feeling his whole attitude has changed now that hes closer to home and back up North. Hes an Upsate(more Central) NY kid. Hartford will be a good place for him to get back to work. He has some great size as well, weighing in around 225. I should be getting a chance to talk to Nick either tonight or tomorrow, when I do Ill fill you guys in on what he's feeling personally.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote