View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 03:08 PM
LetsGoFlames
Go Stars!!

vCash: 50
This draft reminds me A LOT of the 1993 draft. I hope for his sake Mackinnon isn't another Daigle but the similarities between the 1993 draft and this coming draft, exactly 20 years later, are undeniable. I've used the order the players were selected in '93 and added the player I think they're comparable to beside them, giving a look at what the order would be in the '13 draft.

Daigle/Mackinnon (Highly skilled offensive C. Maybe move to wing?)
Pronger/Jones (Monsterous, all around D to build a future around)
Gratton/Monahan (Big, gritty, dominant C with leadership ability)
Kariya/Drouin (Undersized, speedy, offensive spark-plug winger)
R. Niedermayer/Lindholm (Decent size, wheels, all around game)
Kozlov/Barkov (Big, skilled and advanced C with huge upside)
Arnott/Nichushkin (Big C with 2 way skill, grit and leadership)
Sundstrom/Shinkaruk (Smallish winger, big skill, some questions)

Those top 8 picks look pretty reasonable, I think. Barkov's a bit low at 6th but then again, you never know. And Zach Fucale, playing the part of Jocelyn Thibault as the only G to go in the first round, would be selected 10th overall. Right before the first 2 defensemen go. Witt from the WHL (Pulock), and Jonsson- the smooth skating, big European with great 2 way game (Ristolainen). I don't think Ristolainen falls out of the top 10, and I don't think Fucale goes in the first half of round 1, but stranger things have happened.

BTW, the Flames took Swedish born Winger Jesper Mattsson in '93. Hopefully we do better with this years pick.

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote