Thread: Islanders Point Blank: Practice Update Line Shuffling, Martinek Hurt
View Single Post
02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Veteran journeyman
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
In the meantime, I'd like to see Bailey get a shot on the top line when he returns to the lineup. I'm sure Boyes will get a shot as well. They need to try different things because PA's loss is really standing out right now and this team has enough problems to deal with. If it's a revolving door, so be it because I do not like how the top line is constructed right now. If Okposo can suddenly regain his end of season form from last year, he's probably the best option in terms of style of play. If not, then experiment and reward the player who wins the spot.
While I'd love a true first-line right wing, I'm not sure the loss of PA is sending ripples throughout the lineup or dooming the first line. Last season through eight games, the first-line players of PA, Moulson and Tavares combined for 22 points. This season through eight games, the first line players of KO, Moulson and Tavares have combined for...22 points.

Five-on-five hasn't been as dire as some people make it out to be either. Isles have 17 five-on-five goals through eight games, good for eighth best in the league. I'm not sure I'd be screwing around too much with the lines and such if I were Cappy. I agree we could use a more productive player than KO currently is on the first-line right wing. But I'm not really crying over PA either. He's a nice player, but I don't think the first line needs more points, necessarily. It gets points. I think it could use a bit of a different look to maximize each player's ability. Either a flat out sniper that can take JT's passes and bury them from the circles, or a true power forward that can create absolute havoc and control the puck along the boards, freeing up more room for JT. Neither one of those attributes describes PA. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having him on that wing right now, but I don't think he's The Answer is all.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote