View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I think Kadri, Frattin, Gardiner and Reilly can become Elite. I'm not going to go overboard and say Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos status. But a recognizable talent in the league.

Now, We need to build a cast around that core.

Kessel is a great complimentary piece to a established core - and he is young enough to build with.

It sucks to say, but we really do need a bright new face ; and it seems that the draft is the best way to do so. I will cheer this team to the very last game, but everyone knows the direction we are going in.
i know i may have that "shinny new toy" effect but i believe Rielly is that one player in our system that will be our nick lindstrom of the TML, a guy who can play top notch minutes move the puck i say nick lindstrom because he is the pinnacle of this, it proves u need high level Dmen aka Detroit to get the puck out, they never had elite goaltending and they were able to win a lot of cups. Toronto is finally adopting this, and even though Detroit got lucky with zetteberg and datsyuk we could pick up our top line center in this draft and have rielly phaneuf as our top D and kessel lupul complimenting guys like monahan or something. IMO if we tank our team becomes a playoff contender and after our big key players get there feet wet aka rielly and monahan we could have a stanly cup contending team. That 1 center is what were in need of and i think Kadri is a stud, i dont think he will become that stud #1 center we all really hope for, more of a Riberio #2 that will play against 2nd and 3rd dmen and put up a lot of points.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote