View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
I just wish he gave them more of a chance to succeed. Playing DaCosta on the 4th line for 5 minutes a game isn't going to help anything, least of all his confidence. I think that's partially why Filatov failed here. I think in a rebuilding year with a bunch of key injuries, you let the rookies play and allow them to grow.
Filatov failed because he didn't do enough to earn his ice time. Maclean, to me, could not be better with rookies. The only player with less then 11:25 TOI per game on the team is Daugavins with 9:25. There has been line juggling to find chemistry. Once Chemistry established a line like O'Brien-Zibanejad-Condra end up getting plenty of ice time when they are clicking in a game.

To be frank... we don't have a bad forward. Da Costa would be fine with any two wingers we have... all of our forwards and skate and shoot and pass.

I don't really see how the Senators could possibly giving rookies and call-ups more opportunity then they have.

Filatov would likely be a healthy scratch on this team, alternating with Regin. What can he bring that the 11 other forwards (or 12 with Spezza out) don't?

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote