View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
To be clear, the only thing I ever mentioned from O'Reilly's camp was "one of the best defensive forwards in the past 25 years" comment. That was line for line, with quotations around it. The Stastny/Duchene thing is my own opinion as suggested by me asking a question with it... re-read what I wrote if needed. However, let's not fool ourselves; past and present players are well aware of the coddling and influences for Stastny and Duchene that no other player on our team gets; not Hejduk, not EJ, not anybody.

Man... the sooner this is behind all of us, the better. I swear it's easier when they just trade my friends or let them walk; holdouts really **** with my emotions.
What do you mean by coddling though? Are you referring to something internal that we can't see? All teams coddle their star players, and hopeful franchise players to some extent. All players all know that, I can't imagine that would be an issue.

Stastny was the teams best player for a while, and was/is relied upon to be one of the top players on this team. Duchene was the 3rd overall hopeful franchise replacement for Sakic, who has also been shifted around all over the place with linemates, moved to the wing, benched, and also the same guy that came back to play 20 games on one leg to try and help the team make the playoffs, and also was asked to take a smaller bridge deal to prove what he can do.

I don't see much coddling in there. I think Ryan's hurt feelings are rubbing off on you a bit. Which is more or less normal if you're friends.