View Single Post
02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I am frustrated too, and do feel the dialog should always be open, but I also do not want to be a fan in two years on the "O'Reilly is an overpaid 2C-3C center! Can't believe our FO were idiots and signed that deal!" HF Thread.
That won't happen, not with a guy who works as hard both on and off the ice as he does. And this isn't a situation like Myers in Buffalo, where a guy has one great season (in that case, his rookie year) and they give him Zdeno Chara money. The Avs will get good value out of the contract no matter what, even if he doesn't ever produce more than 50-60 points a season. There's so much he does that doesn't show up on a scoresheet.

And IMO, those "OMG he's overpaid" threads/comments are largely ridiculous. Stastny has been one of the best players on this squad since 2006. It's not his fault that the Avs now-fired GM couldn't see what the rest of us could and realized that he had a very good player, but not a potential superstar. All I ask is that when a player gets a long-term commitment from the organization, is that he shows up and proves their faith in him right. Stastny has done that for the most part. It's now up to David Jones to do it.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote