View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Very true, Boston didn't see Kessel as a core piece, and basically let him go so they could target other core players and lock them up.

Chiarelli like it or not made a very smart decision, he outfoxed Burke who staked his job on Kessel, and we know how that turned out.

Nonis is brighter I hope and I think he is, infact I know he is. He will not stake his career on Kessel.

He's a good complimentary player, however he isn't a core one on a Stanley Cup winning team. Boston won a cup without him, this is the model that has worked. Proof is in the pudding from The Bruins winning the Cup without Kessel.

Not to squeeze the pressed tofu more - but I think what cost Burke his job was not lottery protecting that pick. I think any GM in his right mind seeing our roster would have done it. I don't think we would have made the playoffs - nor do I think we were bad enough to BE the 2nd worst team in the league - but I think most gms would have Lotto-protected the pick regardless. (and then NOT make the trade, if that was a condition).

I agree. Kessel needs super support. I hope we get it soon. (But i think we'll end up trading him though if we don't in the first days of the UFA season this season). only because of his limited NTC/NMC.

Daisy Joy is offline   Reply With Quote