View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
Not to squeeze the pressed tofu more - but I think what cost Burke his job was not lottery protecting that pick. I think any GM in his right mind seeing our roster would have done it. I don't think we would have made the playoffs - nor do I think we were bad enough to BE the 2nd worst team in the league - but I think most gms would have Lotto-protected the pick regardless. (and then NOT make the trade, if that was a condition).

I agree. Kessel needs super support. I hope we get it soon. (But i think we'll end up trading him though if we don't in the first days of the UFA season this season). only because of his limited NTC/NMC.
Which just about tells you how badly Burke misread this team. Usually Kessel is a player that you add to a core player you are trying to build around, let's say Sundin.

Phil is a talented player, but he isn't a core one. Burke lost his job partly due to thinking he was, the difference between Chiarelli and Burke was Chiarelli got it right and won a cup.

Again, we can do the right thing if we learn from others and rebuild it properly. We have fooled ourselves long enough, so let's just get started this year, turn the page and get on the road to building a championship team. The circular method of failure has got to stop one hopes one day.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote