View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Every player has a value to a team. The wise Rangers management undervalued Prust. Yet they are very competent for dumping Rupp because you don't like fighting.

I love this thread
I really don't know why I even bother responding to you when you just change the subject and bring in straw men every time. It's a waste of time.

The Rangers were making some big trade for Nash and needed ever dollar they can get. They assumed (wisely or not wisely, we don't know yet but it looks like Prust's loss is felt) that they had enough toughness and could get by with the cheaper Asham and Haley to take Prust's place. The Rangers have plenty of energy players.

I don't get what this has anything to do with them trading Rupp, a fan favorite, for spare parts. I don't dislike fighting, I dislike obsessing over weight classes like this is UFC, fighting in hockey should break out when something happens, not be planned in advance. And the Rupp of a few years ago would be a good fit for a 13th forward, but apparently he's a shell of himself. It's the useless plugs who belong on the wrestling circuit or in a beet league that I dislike, guys like Scott.