View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
funky

vCash: 500
Lets scoop a Devil

As I see it the Devils are in serious cap troubl. I also think the Kings need to beef up the second line.

Brian Gionta RW 27; Scott Gomez C 26; David Hale D 26 are all Devil Restricted free agents that we could give a qualifying offer. Are any worth the 1st rounders we give up? depends on the offer.

I am not a huge Gionta fan but I do like Gomez and his distribution skills. This is a young, proven point getter that hypothetically would do well with a scorer such as O'Sullivan. As like O'Sullivan he can play Center and RW and can skate. We would possibly loose 3 first rounders unless a deal can be made with Lou where he takes a cheaper Belanger or prospect off our hands.

At 26 he still fits into the rebuild but be competitive theory. Now I would only do this if we had his name on the dotted line for 5 years plus. Add Frolov to this line or a banger like Brown and they could reek havoc.

The problem is we get smurffish up front. Not a big deal. Kopitar and Boyle are on their way. Brown plays 7ft tall, Frolov has good size and Conroy if kept adds grit.

As for Hale, possibly another good addition but he would go cheaper and Lou would probably match.

Just some thoughts to stay competitive yet rebuild. Hell maybe Lou will give us a break on Gomez(draft pick wise if we take Mogilny with him, a lil speed on the wing never hurt and we have the room.)

funky is offline   Reply With Quote