View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Look at some of the calls that are being made. D-man turns to chase the puck, and he gets interference penalty. The goalie interference this year has been brutal too.

Not to mention the league has actually came out and said there is an emphasis on interference this year.

I'm just wondering why? I'm all for calling the pick plays, but 2 guys on the way to the same puck is not interference, neither is skating in front of someone.

Look at the GI in the habs Sens game yesterday. Do you think that if that puck doesn't go in the net the ref is calling interference on that play? His arm wasn't up, so I'd say no.

I would like to know the point of it all. They sure aren't adding to my viewing pleasure.
I don't know if you're talking about another team, of Seidenberg's interference penalty. That was a pretty good call, I thought. I do agree about the Goalie interference calls though. but those were pretty brutal last year too, so I'm not really viewing it as some outgrowth from a new standard.

All that said, the officiating has been brutally inconsistent this year. BRUTALLY!

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote