View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Amazing Larry
WE PLAYOFFS NOW

vCash: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
That all-in-one banner is such a travesty. I really hope Gaglardi agrees.

Never knew that's what happened to Broten's banner, pretty cool gesture though.

If you want to take it a step further, Lehtinen should also be considered from "both" since he was drafted while the team was in Minnesota.

I think the solution ultimately should be 6 brand new, individual banners (Goldsworthy/Masterton/Broten/Modano/Lehtinen/Zubov). Make them in whatever variation of green and gold the new colors end up being. Don't put any logos on them. Put the name, the number, and have a sublimated picture of the player in the background of the entire banner. That's how you can give a nod to the era that player was from, logos and all. Like this. That's how you knit together different time periods without running roughshod over them.
No doubt; that looks great.
Even the most storied franchises could have a prolonged rough stretch and want to re-brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
I thought I had heard the North Stars' banners and a lot of the memorabilia that was left at the Met Center eventually went to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth, Minnesota.
Thats cool, I guess.
Kind of a bummer.
It would be cool to have some section of the AAC for North Stars, Golden Seals, and Barons stuff.
Like a mini-museum.
It isn't "their" history, necessarily, but I like the idea of it being there for people to learn about.