View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
But you guys are talking about a small 5-10% that screams every time we win or lose. Most of the discussion is actually even-tempered.
That 5-10% started getting contagious to otherwise uniformly excellent posters, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
The irony is a few people calling out the people who called out Kunitz, are the people who wanted Martin gone because "he was a bad player who makes bad plays". I know who they are, but I won't call them out.

I find it a little funny, but if this board wasn't so bi-polar it wouldn't be any fun.
I definitely fall into that category. Martin has played some great hockey so far this year and is showing his detractors wrong.

For the record though, if we had dealt Martin and retained Strait in the off-season, I wouldn't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I don't know... I think we take some things Letang does for granted. I actually don't see him as an offensive minded d-man. I see him for an unreal defenseman who can quickly transition any play into offense. Big difference.

Also there are things with his speed that goes unnoticed. The other day he broke up a 3-on-1 and nobody said a thing. Any of our defenders would have backed away but Tangers out-rushed everyone. He was just faster. He's also physical and plays with passion.

I think he's a tremendous talent and we'd be in a huge hole w/o him.
Absolutely. When Letang is out of the line-up, we look very out of sorts.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote