View Single Post
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Funk311 View Post
I was pretty hard on the team this past week, but the team played much better hockey the past two games. I still our lack of size up front will be a long term issues this season, but I would like to give the current roster credit for playing better.

For me the best turn around has been with the D. We have been bigger meaner hungrier and all around seemed to have some identity. Martin is playing MUCH better hockey this year.

I like Boychuk so far. He seems to be able to keep up with Geno and Neal from a mental, physical, and skill perspective. I HOPE UPON HOPE DB LETS THIS BE FOR A FEW GAMES. See if chemistry builds.
I agree that I've been tough on them, but they have looked better. I too am loving the D. Martin has really stepped his game up, and Orpik is playing better than last year too. I still think we NEED a big (preferably physical) defensive dman, but the D corps is looking good. Hope this continues.

I'm still not too happy with DB. I'd like DJ (especially) to get a true at least 5 game try out in the top 6. I'd also like ET to get more than a game or two. While neither may end up doing anything in this league, I think they deserve the chance.

I also didn't like seeing Depres/Bortuzo getting 11 mintues. I don't know the minutes breakdown on it, but I would've liked to see them get quite a bit of time up 3 in the 3rd. I'm sure if we would've let up some goals people would've been mad, but we need to get these young d-men minutes when it's no crucial (per se).

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote