View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:56 PM
MattM92

vCash: 500
I used to go on a road trip with my dad once a season. We went to Sunrise twice (1-1 record), TD Garden in Boston (lost), Nassau Coliseum (lost), MSG (lost), Consol Energy in Pitt (lost bad), RBC Center (now PNC Arena and we lost), and Verizon Center (we actually won ). I decided to stop going to away games with a 2-6 record

-Sunrise was ok, had some passionate, knowledgeable fans but it was no where close to a sellout.

-TD Garden was great. Walked around the city beforehand to sight-see (I'm a history buff so I loved checking out Revolutionary age sites) and then had pizza at this place called Regina's Pizza. Apparently it's one of the pre-game hotspots. Great stuff.

-Nassau Coliseum was ok. My dad's highschool friend hooked us up with great seats, so it wasn't too bad. The arena is a hole though, so old and rundown.

-MSG was surprisingly great. The fans were kinda in your face a bit, but nothing too bad. Plus they had this amazing prime rib sandwich there, delicious! Only complaint was the yellow lighting.

-Consol was nice. We had seats on the upper level and it felt like we were walking into the IMAX at MOSI. You're walking straight down to get to your seats, it's a bit intimidating. Fans around us were nice enough though, probably because the Pens spanked us.

-RBC reminded me a lot of the Forum. Lower level was crowded but the second level was a bit easier to wander the halls and had some good food up there too.

-Verizon Center was a lot of fun. This was the first game Roli played for us when we won 1-0 in OT off a Marty goal. The crowd was electric through the whole game with chants and cheers. Great atmosphere and the fans knew their stuff. Had a few friendly back and forths with the couple in front of us, but it was nice to be able to get the last word.

Last edited by MattM92: 02-04-2013 at 11:17 PM.
MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote