View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I'm still not too happy with DB. I'd like DJ (especially) to get a true at least 5 game try out in the top 6. I'd also like ET to get more than a game or two. While neither may end up doing anything in this league, I think they deserve the chance.
I think DJ will get his chance and ultimately will stick in the line-up, just like how Bortuzzo eventually got his chance, and I don't think Bort is going anywhere any time soon.

I think we had to sacrifice DJ for a couple of games to get Boychuk in for a look, so we can make a decision on Boychuk versus Tangradi. We can only keep 2 of 3 of Jeffrey/Boychuk/Tangradi, and we have to make a decision before Nisky returns. So if Boychuk sticks, expect to see Tangradi waived/traded and Jeffrey back in the line-up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I also didn't like seeing Depres/Bortuzo getting 11 mintues. I don't know the minutes breakdown on it, but I would've liked to see them get quite a bit of time up 3 in the 3rd. I'm sure if we would've let up some goals people would've been mad, but we need to get these young d-men minutes when it's no crucial (per se).

Well, Despres' ice-time was slashed because he had a poor game, and was benched and demoted. As for Bortuzzo's ice time: I think this is simply a case of bringin the guy in a bit slowly. It was only his 3rd game this season after sitting out since the start of the year, and he hasn't played a lot in the NHL overall. I'm sure that we'll see Bort's ice-time steadily increase as he gets acclimated to the NHL and new teammates.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote