View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
If all things work out, Spooner and Knight will be the replacements for Peverley and Kelly. We keep our top 6 intact, trim the fat off the salary cap, and usher in a couple of talented youth with lighter salary restraints.
Unfortunately, I donít see Knight making the team next year. This will ruffle a few feathers, but the kid lost almost an entire year of development due to injuries and I think this will hinder his development in the short term (2013-14 season). Spooner on the other hand has been one of the most impressive rookies in the AHL, eighth in rookie scoring (six players ahead of him played more games) and four of the eight are older than Spooner. I think he has earned a chance to play this year (if only a taste) with a real chance to make the club next year. Hell, I could see Spooner becoming the third line left wing this season.

What I think is realistic is Spooner makes the team next season, Hamilton replaces Ference and Thornton retires or plays in Providence with MacDermid taking his place. Love Shawn Thornton but letís be realistic, heís 35 now and thatís pretty old for a player in his role.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote