View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
I have to say, in no way does this effect my opinion of the trade, which IMO is pure win for us, but I like Mike Rupp. He was never meant to be an enforcer. He took on the role here for two reasons; first, no one else was really willing/able (besides Bickel, who lives on the bench) and second, his effectiveness took an obvious dive and thus, team guy that he is, he dropped the gloves a bit more than expected in an effort to try and provide something and still be serviceable. Now, Rupp was always meant to be a big, tough, physical presence who WILL drop the gloves, but he wasn't supposed to be some kind of heavyweight. He was supposed to be a really good fourth line grinder who hits hard and is a pain to play against. He just slowed down too much and can't really keep up or play to his former standards. He WAS a really good fourth liner earlier in his career and he seems like a great team guy. Very likable player and I wish him all the best in Minnesota. Just couldn't really contribute anymore and we needed to get faster and squeeze a bit more out of our depth guys. When I say "good riddance" to Rupper, I mean it more to his contract and his slow feet. I'll actually miss Rupp a wee bit, despite being very happy to be rid of his cap hit and such a slow player on the ice.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote