View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Wisent42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
I really think Pominville is under-appreciated by Sabres fans (including me) and underrated when compared against other players in the league
Including me too. I guess it's because Pommers rarely does anything spectacular. He's not the fastest, the dangler, the shooter, the checker or anything. But what he is is an allround player that does everything at a really good level. And the chemistry he has with Vanek allows for some fancy plays too. There's already been a couple of behind the back passes to goals, from both of them. I love watching them play.

Also Hodgson of course feeds from this, but that's not to say anyone can apply for the job as center between the beasts. It's actually a bit like with Kassian and the twins in Vancouver; they'll get most of the job done and he just has to show up when they decide it's time to finnish the play. The problem is knowing when and where that is. No one else on the ice knows, so it still takes some hockey IQ and skill.

I'm happy the Sabres finally has a really good top line, a go to line. I'm convinced that as long as they keep it up they will drag the rest of the team with them.

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote