View Single Post
Old
12-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
I doubt a deal with SJ gets done, but I suppose it's possible for a with another team. There are many teams out there with too many goalies.

Some examples:
Rangers: Dunham, Maarkanen, Blackburn. Maarkanen would likely be the cheapest to acquire.
Buffalo: Biron, Noronen, Miller. Miller seems to be off limits, but Biron and Noronen could be had.
Toronto: Belfour, Tellqvist, Kidd. I'm sure Kidd could be had super cheap.
Atlanta: Nurminen, Daffoe, Hurme. Daffoe would be the cheapest guy to acquire, and you're only on the hook for about 1/2 of his year's salary.
Carolina: Irbe interest you at all? Probably could be had for future considerations.
Detroit: umm ... what's his name? Guy making $8 mill to play in the AHL? Oh yeah, Cujo. Probably too pricey though.
Calgary: Turek, Kiprusoff, Mcleanen. Turek makes too much and Kiprusoff just joined the team; however Mcleanen could be had for very cheap.
Anaheim: Giggy, Bryzgalov, Gerber. I don't know who they would be willing to deal here, but that is three quality goalies, and only two spots.
Dallas: I'm sure Tugnutt could be had here.
LA: Hlinka could be had for a bag of pucks.
Phoenix: Burke, Boucher, Bierk. Burke would a great short-term fix as he is UFA (or perhaps retiring) after this year.
I'd go with Tommy Salo or try and get Buffalo to give up Noronen.