View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 05:33 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I agree that Markov has been a close second. But Price is clearly the best and will remain until a long time. He's been saving our ass for 3 games now and the only loss he had cannot be on himself.

So you compare the season of the rangers, the King's, the Canucks to Montreal last year ?

In 2010 at Vancouver and not Sochii, Price was 21 he was just coming off a season where he did not play... How do you bring that up

Any sane mind would take Price before both Luongo and Miller. It was trough three years ago, now it isnt and it's not even close.

So yeah, there's maybe three debatable in Quick(Wich I think is overated.), Lundqvist and Rinne. That makes it four and are they clearly ahead of Price ? Sure bring up the stats but hey it's not like we finished 15th in the east with no system at all.

Oh and Thomas was horrible last year.
*deep sigh*

I'm not saying that Price isn't one of the five goalies I'd most want to have, or that he lacks potential. We in the Montreal fanbase know what he has.

I'm talking about how he's regarded. For example Vancouver 2010 (yes I know it was in Vancouver and not in Sochi, it was a Freudian slip you twit) was a selection; it's a reflection of how he was regarded at the time. If he's selected for Team Canahda next year, then that will be a reflection of how he's regarded at that time. Alternatively, you can look up how many Vezinas he's been nominated for and won to see how he's regarded.

Like I said before:

before being considered elite he needs a couple of really dominant seasons under his belt, and they have to be consecutive. Once he wins the Vezina, or gets nominated a couple times in a row, he'll be in everyone's top-3 or top-5 at worst.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote