Thread: Brunner
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissGrog View Post
Here is an interview with seguin about adapting from switzerland to north american hockey:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...tor-slow-start
Both him and Bergeron are struggling to find the right rhytmus and to adapt again to the smaller rink. I was already impress with the start of Brunner, but after reading this, even more, considering that he never played north-american hockey. Of course on the long run both Bergeron and Seguin will putting up better numbers and a more complete hockey, but for the moment I think their difficulties just prove how these first games for Brunner were incredible.
More and more when I'm seeing Brunner, I see a hockeyplayer. A great creative individual, that is not a one-trick-pony, that can adapt in things he plays against and always can find something new to succeed.

No matter what the size of the rink is, no matter what the players he is playing against. He is doing the right things. Just like Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Just like Erik Karlsson did here in Finland. He didn't have any clue, what the Jokerit system was. He just played better hockey than anybody. They all have the right hockey mind. And when your hands can contribute what your mind says, you are doing veeery very good.

Brunner will be a big secondary help for us in the near future.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote