Thread: Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 AM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
I think part of it is that poor goaltending can be very discouraging for a team, but also, the team won the Calder Cup last season and yet most of them still didn't get a shot at the NHL. That has to have a large deflating effect on team morale. The org. basically told them winning the Calder Cup isn't good enough. Hell, I'd be depressed too.

What's the solution? Well, when the goaltending recovers and the team's disappointment fades they should go back to being a good team again. To be a great team again, they will have to believe that Yzerman is a good enough man to not waste their careers so he can have some extra depth. I'm hoping to see some callups this season, even if there are no injuries. Let them show what they have to offer, even if it's just for 4-5 games.
I don't buy the dissapointment of not getting a shot at the NHL as a factor.
The only player that I could see having that affect them is Connolly since he played there last year.
We also don't have a ton of blue chip prospects who usually are closer to being ready. We have a lot of later round picks or FA pick ups who know they need more developement time.
Not sure what the true issue is, the goaltending has been subpar and we have need more secondary scoring.