View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM
mschmidt64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I just think everyone's memory of Dubinsky is completely and utterly polluted based on last season. The year before last, Dubinsky was a two-way, top penalty killer who scored 25 goals and 30 assists.

At the time, it looked like he would continue getting better as well, as he had improved every single season in his career to date. Last year he had a bad year and only scored 30 points and now a kid who has never played in the NHL is "much better" at doing things he's yet to ever actually do in this league.
Not following him in Columbus or anything, but a quick stat check reveals that he has zero goals and 4 assists in 9 games.

That would translate to 0 goals and 36 assists for a 36 point season over 82 games. Given his first three seasons of 40, 41, and 44 points, it begins to look more like the 54 point season is the outlier.

I think maybe we should consider Dubinsky's career path as more of a 40 point guy than a 60 point guy.

That's not Patrick Kane.

It also means we dumped the guy in a trade at exactly the right time. Right when he had value because of his youth, while teams thought he might still improve and before teams caught on that he's tremendously overpaid for being a 40 point player. In other year he's 27 and then he's a journeyman, not a 25 year old kid anymore.

If Miller doesn't eventually end up as AT LEAST Brandon Dubinsky it'd be a tremendous disappointment. I like Dubinsky and every team needs players like him but ultimately he's a little overrated around here I think.

mschmidt64 is online now   Reply With Quote