Thread: Proposal: Tampa/Buffalo Blockbuster
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
And the "homer of the thread"-award goes to...
Yes I am a homer, but I have seen Conacher often this year and over a dozen times last year, a lot of people who see him, expect him to be an elite player in a few years ( he will never be the playmaker St.Louis is, but that because he plays an different style of play). There is a reason, why every Tampa fan (as far as I know them), that answered in this thread sees it as a bad trade for Tampa.
Just because he got not much hype before the last week or so (well he actually got a lot of hype if you compare him to other lightning players/ prospects, except Stammer and St.Louis, but in no relation to the hype he would get as a member of a big market team).
Even if he doesn't pan out and "only" becomes and average second liner, I wouldn't do the trade. It's not worth trading 3 guys that bring thoughness and most likely over 130 points for one guy with ~ 80

Sorry for the Lecavalier words, they don't really make my standpoint clear. VL4 isn't better than Vanek, BUT he is more useful to this Tampa team, than Vanek would be.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote