View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
I think it's time to stop blaming coaching for "not finding meaningful roles" for the kids.
Seriously. Are we not the youngest or second-youngest team in the league this year? It's kind of hard to grasp why we would give more "meaningful" roles to 20 year olds when those jobs are already being done capably by 24-year-olds.

It's not like last year when we were playing Ponikarovsky and LaRose over Dalpe and Bowman. We have a young, mostly rebuilt team now. At this point I feel like the young(est) players have had abundant opportunity to grab hold of important roles and be part of the team building process. Sangs is slowly growing into an NHL defender, Bowman has done what he needed to do, Dalpe had 7 games in the top-6, McBain was pushed to earn his spot back and succeeded. The only guys who got the axe right away were Welsh (who was brutal and is actually older than Tlusty) and Boychuk.

So... are we really just talking about Boychuk here? He's the only one I can see who could really have a complaint, and even at that...

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote