Thread: Proposal: habs - canes trade
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity404 View Post
Obviously that is a horrible deal. It was a purposely horrible proposal based on the previous suggestion of Cole and a 2nd for Faulk and a first.

Faulk is currently our best defenseman at 20 years old. His value to the canes would be similar to how the Habs value Subban. In fact, I wouldn't want to trade Faulk for Subban straight up.
I know how you feel. I would refuse to trade Eller for Eric Staal. Most teams would refuse to make deals that improve their on ice product. Faulk is turning into a good young player. He has lots of potential. He is NOT at Subban's level, yet. I can totally understand that the offer of Cole for Faulk and a 1st is offensive to your team. You addressed that with your equally offensive counter offer. No need to go into the realm of the ridiculous after that.

Habs wouldn't, and shouldn't trade Cole, in any case. We are not rebuilding, and Cole is a necessary piece for us to get to the playoffs and make a Cup run. We keep our guys, you keep yours, and we can all be happy.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote