View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
And if Sherman re-signed Winnik (giving him what he asked), people wouldn't be *****ing in a year two that he was making close to 2.5 million? If Winnik is worth 2.5, then what are players like Duchene, O'Reilly, McGinn, etc worth?

Or if Peter Mueller was eating almost 3 million of cap space, and perhaps stayed in the press box for another entire season, leaving many posters here to clamor that Sherman's an idiot to rely on such an injury prone player.

Ditto Flash. I don't know whether the rumours of Flash's health not being able to be sustained in Colorado are true, but he too just seemed like too big of a gamble, especially at 4.5 million for the next four years. I wonder if they would have signed PAP if they had Flash around. I know who I'd rather have. Not to mention, who is the winger that would have played with Flash-Duchene to make them not the softest line in the NHL?

And it is Sherman's fault that McClement wanted to play in his home province and took less money than he was offered in Colorado?

I can understand people missing Shattenkirk/Stewart, but for the rest of the players who have been shipped out, good riddance. None of them besides those two and Anderson/Elliott have gone on to be anything more impressive outside of Colorado. No pieces that have been let go are the difference between this roster being top of the West, or where the Avs sit right now.