-Brodin
-Got more from lines 2-4
-Coyle looked good in his first game
-Brodin
-There was pretty consistent effort
-Granlund looked better
-We have Rupp on the way to destroy opposing defensemen

Negatives about tonight's game...

-Heater (I'm a big fan of his, but he's not moving his feet)
-We let the Coyotes jump out to a lead (you can't do that against a trapping team)
-Forwards are not finishing their chances (silver lining... LA Kings had trouble scoring most of last season and it steeled their resolve and paid off in the playoffs)
-Didn't leave with any points, and in a shortened season... blah blah blah
Agreed, although who do you take out to put in Rupp?

Hmm...these things scream gimmick to me. Might as well get the Leadership Training guy in there as well. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
My expectation all along has been that next year we'll really see what this team can do. Suter, Parise, ZK, and Mitchell will have a year in the system, and the young guys will have gone through some growing pains.

That said, I still get bummed when we lose. I don't think Fletch or Yeo should be fired, because it takes time for a team to gel. We've got a lot of talent, and it'll begin to shine after a little while. Today's trade has me excited. Fletch saw a weakness and quickly made changes to address it. Calling up Coyle, and acquiring Rupp will make us tougher to play against. Is anyone really going to miss Palmieri or Powe?
Watching Mitchell, I'm not going to miss Powe at all. Yeah, neither are high end players, but Mitchell did what Powe did better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
In an otherwise disappointing finish, I thought the following players looked good:

1) Brodin...what else can I say that hasn't already been said? Kid is silky smooth on his feet and makes good decisions with the puck. Future star in the making.

2) Parise....he was invisible in the Ducks game, but rebounding nicely last night. Usual hardworking effort and was rewarded with a goal.

3) Mitchell....I like him on the 3rd line. Guy can fly and is a genuine pest. Like having him and Clutterbuck on the same line.

4) Granlund....Call it "baby-steps" or whatever..he looked improved last night. Might have something to do with not facing the other teams top checkers...

5) Koivu - hustle play led to Parise's goal.

6) Coyle - Nice debut...would like to have seen him rewarded with a goal.

Not happy with the play of Heatley, Setoguchi, Falk, and Scandella.
Agreed, although Seto looked okay. Not bad. Not great.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote