View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have said it before and saying it again, the whole "PK is not liked" thing is way overblown. I heard from good sources that at times he rubbed teammates the wrong way because of the persona he takes on with fans and media, but the biggest issue is the team was losing so everybody was hyper sensitive. Basically the type of stuff perople "didn't like" but nothing to the point of wanting a guy traded or hating him. More big brother little brother type stuff, stuff that's a non factor if the team wins.

In the big picture this team has a strong leadership group, plus the GM and coach have emphasised a "team first" attitude, even to the point of overemphasis to get the team back on the rails, the timing of this is perfect to get PK toned down a bit. I think they have to be careful though, not to sap the passion and emotion from him.
Pretty much the way I see it.

And I'm not worried one bit about sapping the passion. People forget how young this guy is. He's still figuring out who he is and how he will be as an adult. I'm not going to claim I know the guy, but from every impression I get, he seems like a smart kid with his head on right, good attitude, positive, willing to learn and willing to be a winner. What MT is doing, for example telling them (I say them because people forget that means Price too not just PK) to stop the triple low 5, as minor and trivial it may sound, is all part of helping PK mature into a man and into the best possible hockey player he can be. If they didn't see greatness in him they wouldn't care. I think PK understands this and in the long run will be better for it.