View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
The Huskies will be facing BC for the Beanpot championship next Monday.

Roy nets his first career hat trick (you just knew that it would only be a matter of time that he would) and played a great game.

As impressed as I was of Roy, another Husky who I thought played just as well, even if he didn't post a single point was Braden Pimm. The kid worked his tailed off and made some really good plays that helped give the Huskies some good scoring opportunities.

I think the two things (aside from Roy's scoring) that NU did that allowed them to win were:

1) They did a good job of keeping BU's speed in check throughout the game. There were some lapses, but overall did a good job.

2) The Huskies were relentless on the forecheck. Loved that check by Josh Manson. Couldn't believe he got penalized for that. It was a clean check, but I guess the refs sent him to sin bin because he left his feet.

I didn't think this was one of BU's best games either. Several times throughout the game, they looked out of sync and just didn't play to their strengths. When they did, they made it tough on NU. But I give props to NU for taking BU off their game.

One thing the Huskies will need to improve/fix when they face BC next Monday is limiting the odd-man rushes. I thought they gave up way too many to BU. And as good as BC skates and with their team speed, if NU allows the same (or more) odd-man rushes that they did against BU, NU isn't winning the Beanpot. In the other semis vs. Harvard, BC used their speed really well and if they get going, it could spell trouble for the Huskies.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to watching the championship game. It should be fun.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote