Old
02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Let me see.

DD made as many points as a third line winger in his rookie season (Gallagher)
He is third in points at center behind Plekanec and Galchenyuk
He is still deadlast in the faceoff behind Eller, Plek, Galchenyuk and White
His wingers Cole and Pacioretty score, combine, one single goal with him so far.

But still, he had a good week-end.

The thing you should consider is the fact that this guys doesn't put up points....he become totally useless. And we saw that with normal ice-time and PP Time (not 18 minutes and 5 minutes of PP like last Sunday) he become a way normal center.
I see that you like using only the numbers that fit your opinion... Let's see :

Quote:
DD made as many points as a third line winger in his rookie season (Gallagher). But Gallagher is having an awesome start. Also, Desharnais is having as many points as Corey Perry. What does that mean? Nothing. Because you can't judge a player only on a chosen 8 games span.

He is third in points at center behind Plekanec and Galchenyuk. Who are both having incredible starts.

He is still deadlast in the faceoff behind Eller, Plek, Galchenyuk and White. Actually, Plekanec, Gally and DD are statistically equivalent in the faceoff circle. (only 1,8% separates them... 2 more faceoff wins would put DD in front of them) Eller and White took too little faceoffs for their stats to be significative.

His wingers Cole and Pacioretty score, combine, one single goal with him so far. Everybody agrees that Cole was putrid until the last game. And it's quite difficult to make a pass to Pacioretty while he's in the hospital... And why should DD be responsible for their lack of production? They are not good enough to score by themselves? So then, who made them so good last year?? If I understand well, now that DD is scoring goals, we blame him because his wingers are not scoring as many? Is DD also responsible for the climate changes?
Quote:
The thing you should consider is the fact that this guys doesn't put up points....he become totally useless.
I agree with this. But you know what? DD will put up a lot of points. (sorry if that bothers you)

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 02-05-2013 at 11:34 AM.