View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Boucher has certainly improved this season and I have watched a ton of him in Sarnia. Previously, Boucher was hesitant to handle the puck and beat defenders one-on-one but now he has more confidence in his puck handling abilities. He still doesn' own the slickest puck control but it has improved. Boucher has been much MUCH more consistent this season (his biggest issue before IMO) and the team is leaning heavily on him and Charlie Sarault (a slick playmaker who has a real knack for feeding him the puck). I would say that Boucher has been given more opportunity and a longer leash this season and his stats reflect that as he has been able to battle through any slumps.

He still needs to improve his strength to win battles but he is showing more grittiness to his game and that's positive. His skating has never been great but it's not like he is a Michael Ryder type of skater either.

His shot will remain his biggest asset to getting to the NHL and if he can find the chemistry with a playmaker (like he has in Sarnia with Sarault) then that certainly improves his NHL chances. As a mentioned last year, Boucher is the definition of a "sniper". He has a ridiculous release, finds open areas with ease and the puck seems to follow him around the ice. If he can capitalize on his opportunities at the next level then his future looks bright but he will need to ensure he takes advantages of his opportunities.

I've tweeted this several times to New Jersey Devils fans when they ask, Reid Boucher will need to play in the top 6 (or top 9 on a team that employs three "modest offensive lines") or else he could toil in the minor leagues.

His development has been promising and Devils fans should be happy. Hopefully, Boucher has success at the AHL level next year (assumming that is where he will/should be).

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote