View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Curtinho
Frysk Bloed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Personally, I think our system is deeper at forward than on D. Probably could be deeper at center, but we have a ton of forwards.

At the NHL level, we probably have a few more key pieces already in place on the blueline (notably Karlsson and Cowen will eat a lot of minutes, and Wiercioch and Boro are showing good promise) and at center.

But for our 1st rounder, BPA available either way. Tough to look ahead 3-4 years and really know what the team will look like. Things change fast, especially with Murray making deals.
We're deeper at forward but we don't have any elite offensive prospects.

Honestly, unless one of our prospects undergoes a serious uptick in their development nobody is close to bringing the impact that Spezza has on our offence. I love Silfverberg as a prospect but he will never carry our offence the way that Spezza does unless he explodes.

We have a #1 D, we have a #1 goalie we NEED that offensive catalyst to replace Spezza in a few years as he starts to decline. I don't think people really realize what Spezza brings to this team until he's gone or starts to slow down with age.

Drouin, MacKinnon, Lindholm or Monahan would be ideal for us this year to take a chance at replacing him down the line.

Also Zibanejad is not a 1st line player let alone a #1 C.