Old
02-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
Holly,

One factor I often wonder about at the end of the season is teams "coasting" once they've clinched their playoff spot. It has to be a bit harder to keep focused when you go into a game knowing it has no impact. On the other hand, their opponent might be battling for their playoff lives. I wonder how much impact this has on top teams being "upset" late in the season.

We also know some coaches will deliberately rest players who are a bit dinged up once they've clinched, or delay working injured players back into the lineup. How do we measure this?

I don't have any answers. Just curious what other people might think about this, and how it affects the rankings late in the season.
Fortuneately, few teams are in this situation. Most playoff berths are decided but most are still fighting for seedings and/or byes. I could see myself using it as a criteria if two teams are otherwise even. On the whole I believe teams will play hard to the end since they will have at least a week off until their next game.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote