Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Blues Prospects
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blues View Post
So I've seen this in 3 threads now...what the heck does this mean?!?? A city is keeping players from developing?? Are you talking about the Rivermen organization? Rivermen are owned by the Blues...the GM and coaching staff are picked by the Blues. Also the coaching staff has changed often, so its not some on-going coaching culture in Peoria.

If you are talking about the city, please explain your theory on the correlation to development. If you are talking about the organization, shouldn't the comment be the Blues aren't good at developing prospects.

More likely its that good draft picks like Backes and Polak developed well in Peoria and poor picks like Ponich and Schwarz (the goalie) didn't develop further.
I am not blaming the actual city at all. I think we have poor player development below the NHL level. It seems like most of our prospects that succeed develop in somewhere other then our AHL team. Even Backes spent 4 years in the NCAA first to develop.

Guys like Sonne, McRea, Allen, Della Rova seem to be almost worst players then they were when they first arrived to the AHL.

It seems like a lot of prospects have a good decent first season in Peoria but then they seem to get worse the next season and so on.

Also Peoria just has not been a very good team in general the best season has been when Payne was coaching them. But they often are not a playoff team less then half the time lately.