View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
Be careful with the expectations on this kid. Remember he was a good (but not great) player in the WJC just a few months ago. He hasn't had a great year with CT. He's been a fine player but expecting him to produce at the NHL level or to really even have much of a chance of sticking on this roster is a stretch in my eyes. I'd love to see it happen but I don't expect it at all. MPF24 is definitely right in that Miller is closer to Dubinsky than Kane, I don't get why he's getting heat for that. A lot of guys look great offensively in juniors but have a hard time translating it to the next level.

I like JT Miller a lot, but he's not going to be a high scoring player in this league. Dubinsky was the team's leading scorer not too long ago, I don't even know if Miller will come close. Dubinsky had better PPG at the junior level and wasn't looked at as a crazy talented offensive threat, so I'm not quite sure why people think Miller has been so much better in his development.
Exactly. I just want to see a guy who has his motor running all the time and competes at both ends of the ice. Not looking for stellar production on the score sheet.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote