View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Fictional Realism
Reason for Optimism

vCash: 894
I've seen a couple criticisms of Schroeder's play and frankly that surprises me. From my seat he's been pretty great early this season, especially considering most of our other centres (Henrik included) took the first few games off. Thought he had another solid night at both ends of the ice, and his assist was all hard work down low (something we've been worried he wouldn't be able to handle at this level). In fact, Schroeder's play along the boards has really impressed me generally considering his size. He needs to settle down around the net, but I think that will come with time. He's pretty much where Hodgson was to start the season last year.

We definitely need to look at other ways to use our players on the PP. I don't think we're utilizing the fact we have two bombs from the point (Edler/Garrison) very well. Maybe move those two guys off the top unit and make it more of a puck-moving group, and have the second unit become more of a shoot-first group focused on getting Edler/Garrison opportunities from the point? I dunno ... something needs to be done.