View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
John Scott bear swiped Subban and gave Montreal a power play. He was completely useless.

Chara and Lucic weren't concussing anyone on Montreal until Montreal got yappy and fighty. Komisarek was doing fine aggravating Lucic all of the time, drops his gloves to prove how tough he is and got smashed. Pacioretty decided to lip off at Chara after scoring a goal and Chara made sure he paid for it. You know who will fight Chara and make him pay for it? Nobody. Nobody in the league can take down Chara. That's why Boston paid him so much when he was a UFA.

Honestly I think Hab fans are so soft as fans that all they can do is hope someone comes in and makes them feel big and tough. Makes me laugh. Larry Robinson wasn't much of a fighter but that was all Montreal really needed in the 70s to keep the worst of the Flyers in check. I think Jarred Tinordi will play a similar role plus actually play hockey.
Revisionist history. Montreal had guys like Doug Riseborough, Mario Tremblay, Pierre Bouchard, Rick Chartraw, Lambert, Lupien, Langway... The toughness was spread around very nicely in those lineups