View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Gotta give Yeo a "bye" for last year, considering the incredible injuries, and the call ups he had to deal with.

This year is a shortened/barely any training camp year. Lots of teams looking bad thus far. Its not Yeo's fault that he didn't get a full camp to realize that Suter is really not that great. SO he's coaching on the fly now, and trying to find the right combos. Plus so many fans out there thought that with Suter/Parise and Granlund, that the Cup was just going to be handed to us. We still are not the most talented team in the league. Top 15 maybe, but no more than that.

So I think you have to give him at least until after NEXT season before considering replacing him. (unless they start the 2013/2014 season 0-20 or something like that)

But we certainly could use some changes to some of our game approaches

1) The PowerPlay HAS to get better ....Yeo was frequently ripped in Pittsburgh because of his Power Play sputtering ... it has continued here - it needs to change.

2) Forechecking - the DUMP and Chase just does NOT work for the Wild. Yeo & staff have to come up with a better way to enter the zone and set up scoring chances. I'm not sure what it should be, but Dump/Chase ain't it.
I've noticed Bouchard is great at entring the opposing zone. He's not the only one, but perhaps down the road if nothing else works, put him on the top line?