View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
RECsGuy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Not going to fingerpoint? Going to step back? Then what's he doing with these remarks...

"Our concern is we were hoping that this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games."

Looks like Liut & Schneider only expect Luongo to play 7 more games in a Canucks uniform.

"If they are both there for the entire season, and it's a 48-game season, and Roberto plays 40 games, that's a disaster," Liut said. "That's an extreme and I don't think that's going to happen, but certainly the sooner the better."

The sooner, Mike? he sooner what? So even if Luongo pulls a Vezina-calibre season out of his ass, he should't be allowed to play 40 games?

"What you have is two goalies and there's only one net and you are trying to trade one of them. So you have to play him. Now it's four games in a row, does that give you some concern at the same time? Sure, because with a player like Cory you want to see him play every night."

Luongo starting 4 games in a row on MERIT doesn't concern me, Mike, it concerns YOU and YOUR CLIENT, even if that's what's best for the team. Funniest part about this particular quote is that his & Cory's "concern" comes dring a stretch where the TEAM has captured 7 of a possible 8 standings points. But I thought Cory was a team player who is besties wih Roberto?

Liut is absolutely stirring up some **** with these comments. BTW, what's stopping Cory from putting a gag order on his agent? Don't forget, folks: Liut works FOR Cory. So these comments may as well being coming straight from his mouth.

How would you typify those statements?

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-05-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: be nice