Hans's Hockey Thoughts: Top 5 Unexpected Events to Expect in Detroit
View Single Post
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Originally Posted by
5. Wings Won't Resign Howard
He's only being payed 2.5 million but when his contract is up he'll ask for more and its not worth it. With a 2.64 GAA and .888 SV% in the playoffs, he’s not exactly the guy who will carry a team and win you games. Gustavsson will still be around and who knows maybe even Pytr Mrasek by then. Additionally this will free up some more cap space for the Red Wings to spend money in one of the deepest free agent pools in a while.
4. Wings Will Buyout Jonathon Ericsson
Ericsson is OVERATED and not worth 3.25 million. He has a big body and doesn't use it. He only scored 11 points and isn't of a ton of worth defensively. Cut him and use the money to bring in a quality defender to Detroit.
3. Helm Will Become a Captain Soon
Maybe not for a few years, but Datsyuk is 34 and is in the twilight of his career. When he retires, Helm will fill his spot. Maybe not as a goal scorer, but as a leader. Helm adds a spark the Wings need; his speed is unmatched. His hard work will eventually be reward and by the time Datsyuk retires, he will most certainly be something to build off.
2. Blashill will soon replace Babcock
Who? Jeff Blashill, current head coach of the Grand Rapids Griffins. He has taken the Griffins from 3 years of misery to 21-11-2-2 and 1st place in the Midwest Division. Before that he took Western Michigan from 8-20-8 to 19-13-10 and an NCAA Tournament appearance. Blashill additionally assisted Mike Babcock in 2011-12. He’s a genius and will assuredly be behind the bench for some lucky NHL team very soon. The Red Wings better make sure that is them. For those saying that the Wings can't get rid of Babcock, consider this, Babcock may have been the result of talent. His Stanley Cup and Gold Medal were both won with teams loaded with studs, the Wings also haven't gone far in the playoffs the past three years and don't looked poised to this year either, maybe he's really not the guy.
1. Nyquist will join Brunner as Wings Top Scorer in 2013-14
Yeah he hasn't put up tremendous numbers when called up to the Wings but he has been praised for his puck control and poise. He also has put up beast numbers down in Grand Rapids. He's scored 43 points in 44 games this year and 58 points in 56 games last season. Give him some playing time and a spot on one of the top lines and he will produce.
1) who is Hans?
2) If Jimmy asks for more then 4.5 million we let him walk. Four year deal for 18million would be fair and would allow him to get another good contract after that if he warrants it.
3) NO. But yes we 100% should buy out Quincey and one fo CC/Sammy/Eaves to free up more money for proper NHL players
4) At some point babs will leave but will be on his timing and his choosing when that is
5) maybe an Assistant one day if he can stay in the lineup
6) maybe in the 2016-2017 season they will, untill then fat chance
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Zetterberg4Captain