Thread: Proposal: Umberger
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 01:52 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I get those concerns, but right now moving them seems lateral at best to me. I have no interest in crippling the top-6 (any more than it already is, at any rate) for the sake of draft picks.
I think that would be a tactical decision made by the front office based on production, team identity, and finance. If you don't think RJ is part of your future and you get a chance to move him, maybe you look at it.

I would argue that it is far less than certain that moving RJ or Brassard is going to have a noticeable impact to the top six. To be honest, putting Dubinsky in the middle of the ice has had a positive impact and that adding Foligno to his wing as opposed to Brassard probably isn't going to be noticeable in a negative way.

We are now in the evaluate the player mode. If they don't fit what you are looking to do, there is no better time to look at where you want to move them. Leaving those individuals in key roles isn't going to have a positive impact to the team. Also at some point JD is going to have to prove he is serious, if the team doesn't start to play the way that he is demanding.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote