View Single Post
Old
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Larsen has a physical game. He's 4th on the team in hits despite playing only 6 games!
Hits don't equal physical play in the sense that matters here. Robidas has been a league leader in hits for a number of seasons (partly because the hit counter at the AAC is very generous), but Robidas is not playing a super physical game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
When Robidas is moved, Larsen will play.
I am 100% in favor of this happening. Make it happen, Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
It used to be that way, and he's made dramatic strides to be a more physical player. He throws a lot of hits now, and he's not easily knocked off the puck. So I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

I used to be down on him a ton, and for that exact same reason. I've seen his progression all the way through our system, and he's playing a physical game that's on another level from where he started.

He's an NHLer, and there's no questions about it.
Larsen being better with the physical game doesn't address the problem.

Even with Larsen's improved physical game, he can't play the same kind of physical game that larger d men can play. He'll never be able to do what Dillon does. He might be able to be a guy who holds his own for his size, but he'll never be a guy who can push people around or overpower forwards.

His size is a limitation, but on most rosters, it would not be a big deal. Unfortunately for Larsen, Joe has built a roster of too many d-men at his end of the size spectrum. One or two smaller d-men don't wouldn't be a big deal, but that's not what this roster has. Until players are moved, Larsen will continue to be the odd man out to rotate with Rome because Dillon and Oleksiak have stolen two roster spots that otherwise certianly would have gone to Larsen.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote