Old
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Here's Craig's explanation on his ranking of Ristolainen.

I'm quite curious about Rasmus Ristolainen. 20th on your list, often around 7th or 8th on other lists (including McKenzie's recent rankings).Is there something critical that you find is lacking in his game? Or is this draft just that deep?

Craig Button: First, I think this draft is deep. Second, there is a lot of emphasis on the number beside the player and I try to ensure that I have players in their proper grouping. For example, on my list I have a grouping of players that I see as quite similar in potential from 8 to 20 or so. Rasmus is in that group and if somebody said to me, 'he really should be 8 or 9 or 12, I would see that argument and not raise much of a fuss. As for Rasmus specifically, I see an NHL player who will play a long time and the range of player comparable I have for him is Brent Seabrook to Derek Morris and some teams may see something better or something not quite as good but that is where I am at this time on him.
That's kind of a copout explanation if you ask me. "I have him as 20, I'd agree if he was 8th, and teams might see him as better worse."